DinoX Development Update (Early April)
Hello DinoX Fam, welcome to our Early April Development Update. For the past several months our developers have been very busy with new implementations in DINOX World, adding major visual updates each week and fixing bugs along the way. Finally, they were able to turn their focus more toward refactoring and internal adjustments that will make things like fixing bugs and adding new features easier and more efficient in the future.
While these sorts of changes aren’t as glamorous or exciting as new dino animations and battlefield backgrounds, they are a necessary part of game development and will make some processes run more smoothly for our developers going forward.
What We’ve Done Recently
In the most recent builds — DINOX World Beta v1.1.10 & v1.1.11 — we accomplished a lot of the bug fixes and backend refactoring that we’ve been wanting to do for some time. The main bug is a validator issue that keeps finding its way back and preventing players from joining Encounters. Thus far, the newest version of the game seems to be running much more effectively and we hope we have squashed this bug for good!
Additional fixes from the most recent game updates include:
- Fixed validator issue when cards are swapped at the start of the encounter
- Fixed bug happening when an Action Card causes the dino to attack twice but the target dino dies after the first attack (the second attack is stopped in this case)
- More comprehensive error logs
What We’re Working On Next
Now that we’ve explored what we’ve done recently, let’s take a look at what is coming up! Our internal tools will set the groundwork for the following implementations:
- Easier game & reward balancing
- Better artwork implementation
- Visual changes to the Transactions menu
- Battle mechanics analysis and user interaction adjustments
- More Buildings for DINOX World Lands
- Additional & refined particle animations
Moving forward, changes to the graphics & visuals of DINOX World will be released altogether instead of bit by bit. This way players can see the direction and idea behind the changes to have a better understanding of how they affect the gameplay mechanics and overall feel of the game.
Plan for the Near Future
In the coming months, we’ve got some cool things planned for DINOX World. Here’s a peek at what we’re working on:
- The first phase of Breeding with the ability to construct a new building on a player’s island allowing them to select which dinos they want to breed. More on this in the coming weeks!
- Battle UI
- New Sounds
- Avatars — New designs, themes, sets within the same theme, Accessories specific to certain Avatar sets, and much more.
- Battle animations
- Early development of Adventure Mode
Outside of the game itself, we have a lot of community engagement and DinoX ecosystem activities planned as well. Things like:
- Revamping the DinoX Lottery
- Land Sale & DINOX World Map
- Avatar Reveal Event
- Flexible Single-Side Staking Pools
- New Partnerships
- Contests & Giveaways
- Airdrops for HODLers
- … and a lot more!