DinoX Development Update (End of April)
Welcome, DinoX Fam, to another development update where we explore the inner workings of DINOX World and the broader DinoX ecosystem with insights straight from the development team!
Throughout April, we focused on squashing a few pesky bugs within the game, refactoring efforts that make later changes and additions easier and more efficient, and a few artwork improvements to enhance user experience and ease of gameplay.
Over the next few months, we set our sights on the following:
- UI improvements
- Game design to be more turn-based & include more player involvement
- Easier learning curve for beginners
- Graphics upgrade
- Avatars used in the game: abilities and ability cards
- Particle effects
In the coming months, we will be introducing a new in-game soft currency called “Ancient Spice”. This currency will be used solely for upgrading starter dinos, allowing players to continue progressing through the Encounters and enjoy the game whether they own NFT dinos or not. Ancient Spice is earned the same way as the NFT rewards — from defeating enemies on the battlefield. Stay tuned for more info about this later!
Outside of DINOX World, the team is focused on some large-scale undertakings:
- We will be upgrading and releasing a new version of our website portal. This new portal will run faster, smoother, and be more user-friendly.
- Very soon we will have an Avatar Capsule Opening Event where Avatar owners will be able to open their capsules and reveal what awesome DinoX Avatars are inside! As mentioned earlier, Avatars will gain function in the game in the coming months as well.