DinoX Development Update (Mid March)
Welcome back to another DinoX Development Update! In this mid-March edition, we’ll detail some of the major updates we’ve accomplished in the past couple of weeks and highlight many of the developments we’re currently working on. Let’s dive in!
Over the past few weeks, we’ve been focused on fixing several bugs and issues which our awesome community of players & testers have reported to us. Mainly, an issue with the server validation and battle progression. We’re confident that we’ve got a good handle on these issues and they’ll be mostly fixed in the next DINOX World update (we say “mostly” because there is always a chance it won’t be 100% fixed, but for the vast majority of players, these issues will be eliminated!).
We’ve also been working hard on in-game improvements to both the design and the overall gaming experience. In the latest DINOX World build (v.1.1.7), we added some pretty interesting new features, including:
- Particle animations like falling leaves
- UI Update
- Enhanced visuals of the dinos on the battlefield where smaller dinosaurs are displayed is swarms or packs
- Camera movements & shakes for a more intimate battle experience
- A coin toss mechanic for deciding which team places their dinos on the battlefield first
As we look ahead, we have lots of cool new features, enhancements, and improvements planned. Here’s some of what we’re working on:
- UX improvements: Battle health bars and Action Card effect indicators
- UI reworking
- Pop-up notifications: Alerting the player if they don’t have an NFT dino in their account and notifying a player of important information
- Pop-up window to submit a report (from within the game), with no need for additional processes. This is highly beneficial to our team for faster and more efficient bug & issue resolution.
- Visual improvements: Shadowing & highlighting
- Dino animations
- Avatars: Various themed avatars
- Encounter improvements: Flying robot (referee), battle animations, improving camera shake & zoom levels
- Battle design enhancements: Design elements to adjust the learning curve, making it easier for beginners to learn the mechanics and enjoy playing the game
- Side menu & news screen adjustments
- New Action Card frames & icons: More user friendly and understandable
- New sound effects & music
Outside of the game, we are very hyped for our Avatar Sale on March 24th on one of the largest NFT launchpads — Binance NFT! Mark your calendars for that date as it’s our first Avatar Sale and they’ll go quick! We also have a surprise involving Avatars planned for next week as well, so stay tuned for that!
In addition, we’re also very close to launching DNXC Single Staking, where holders can stake their DNXC tokens and earn more DNXC!